tokyopromenade - Content management system
||FreeBSD Ports Quarterly i386
Tokyo Promenade is a browser-based content management system with the
* simple and logical user interface : aims at conciseness like LaTeX
* high accessibility : XHTML 1.0 compliant and considering WCAG 1.0
* hybrid data structure : available as BBS, blog, and Wiki
* sufficient functionality : supports user management and file management
* high performance : uses an embedded database, Tokyo Cabinet
* lightweight : implemented by C99 and without any dependency
on other libraries
- LUA: off
POST-INSTALL CONFIGURATION FOR Tokyo Promenade
1) Install an arbitrary web server which supports the CGI mechanism.
Then, create a directory where CGI scripts can be executed. We call
it the base directory, which contains some files of Tokyo Promenade.
mkdir -p /path/to/the/base/directory
2) Copy the CGI script and some configuration files into the base
cp /usr/local/libexec/promenade.fcgi .
cp /usr/local/share/tokyopromenade/promenade.* .
cp /usr/local/share/tokyopromenade/passwd.txt .
3) Create the database file where articles are stored.
prommgr create promenade.tct
4) Import the help articles into the database.
prommgr import promenade.tct /usr/local/share/tokyopromenade/misc/help-*.tpw
5) Create a directory where uploaded files are stored.
6) The CGI script should have permissions to read/write the database
file, the upload directory and the password file. To achieve the
purpose, one of the following is suggested.
Change the owner:
sudo chown -R www:nobody /path/to/the/base/directory
Forget the security:
chmod -R 777 /path/to/the/base/directory
Run the web server by the same user of the owner of the base
Change the user ID of the CGI script by using a feature of the
web server like suExec.
7) Run the FastCGI script.
/usr/local/bin/spawn-fcgi -a 127.0.0.1 -p 8889 \
-d /path/to/the/base/directory \
8) Configure your web browser with FastCGI-specific directives. For
Apache, this might look like:
FastCgiExternalServer /path/to/the/base/directory/promenade.fcgi \
When all steps above are finished, access the CGI script with a Web
The tokyopromenade port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is
more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be removed in
the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:
More information about port maintainership is available at:
Install tokyopromenade txz package:
# pkg install tokyopromenade