py36-dugong - HTTP 1.1 client module designed for RESTful protocols
||FreeBSD Ports Quarterly i386
The Python Dugong module provides an API for communicating with HTTP 1.1
servers. It is an alternative to the standard library's http.client (formerly
httplib) module. In contrast to http.client, Dugong:
* allows you to send multiple requests right after each other without having to
read the responses first.
* supports waiting for 100-continue before sending the request body.
* raises an exception instead of silently delivering partial data if the
connection is closed before all data has been received.
* raises one specific exception (ConnectionClosed) if the connection has been
closed (while http.client connection may raise any of BrokenPipeError,
BadStatusLine, ConnectionAbortedError, ConnectionResetError, IncompleteRead
or simply return '' on read)
* supports non-blocking, asynchronous operation and is compatible with the
* can in most cases distinguish between an unavailable DNS server and an
* is not compatible with old HTTP 0.9 or 1.0 servers.
All request and response headers are represented as str, but must be encodable
in latin1. Request and response body must be bytes-like objects or binary
Install py36-dugong txz package:
# pkg install py36-dugong