tacacs - This is a TACACS+ daemon from pro-bono
||FreeBSD Ports Latest i386
tac_plus is a TACACS+ daemon. It provides Cisco Systems routers and
access servers with authentication, authorisation and accounting services.
This version is a major rewrite of the original Cisco source code.
Key features include:
- NAS specific host keys, prompts, enable passwords
- NAS- and ACL-dependent group memberships
- Flexible external backends for user profiles (e.g. via PERL scripts or C;
LDAP (including ActiveDirectory), RADIUS and others are included )
- Connection multiplexing (multiple concurrent NAS clients per process)
- Session multiplexing
- Scalable, no limit on users, clients or servers
- CLI context aware. At the time of writing this, no other TACACS+ daemon is.
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 are fully supported.
- Compliant to latest TACACS+ protocol specification (draft 1.78)
- CURL: off
- FREERADIUS: off
- PCRE: off
- SCTP: on
To run tac_plus at startup, add the following line to rc.conf:
Extra options can be foud in the startup script.
The code written by Marc Huber is distributed under the following license:
Copyright (C) 1999-2015 Marc Huber (<Marc.Huber@web.de>). All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- The end-user documentation included with the redistribution, if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
This product includes software developed by Marc Huber (<Marc.Huber@web.de>).
Install tacacs txz package:
# pkg install tacacs