gringotts - GTK application to securely store sensitive data
||FreeBSD Ports Latest amd64
Gringotts is an application to store sensitive data like passwords, pincodes,
credit card numbers, etc. Features:
* Fast, light GTK2 interface.
* Good integration with GNOME, as well as all the other window managers.
* High stress on safety & security.
* Not only "normal" string passwords can be used, but any file can be the
password to your data.
* 8 encryption algorythms are available through the mcrypt library:
RIJNDAEL-128 (AES), RIJNDAEL-256, SERPENT, TWOFISH, CAST 256, SAFER+, LOKI97,
* 2 160-bit hash algorythms, used to generate the key: SHA1, RIPEMD160.
* 2 compression types, with 4 compression levels each: ZLib, BZip2.
* Complete & easy management of entries' order.
* Complete Search function.
* Very intuitive usability, you won't need any manual.
* It comes with a thread-safe C library, libGringotts, that can be used in any
other project to save data in files in a simple and safe way.
- DOCS: on
The gringotts port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is
more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be removed in
the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:
More information about port maintainership is available at:
Install gringotts txz package:
# pkg install gringotts