zyre - Framework for proximity-based peer-to-peer applications
||FreeBSD Ports Latest i386
Zyre provides reliable group messaging over local area networks.
It has these key characteristics:
* Zyre needs no administration or configuration.
* Peers may join and leave the network at any time.
* Peers talk to each other without any central brokers or servers.
* Peers can talk directly to each other.
* Peers can join groups, and then talk to groups.
* Zyre is reliable, and loses no messages even when the network is heavily
* Zyre is fast and has low latency, requiring no consensus protocols.
* Zyre is designed for WiFi networks, yet also works well on Ethernet networks.
* Time for a new peer to join a network is about one second.
Typical use cases for Zyre are:
* Local service discovery.
* Clustering of a set of services on the same Ethernet network.
* Controlling a network of smart devices (Internet of Things).
* Multi-user mobile applications (like smart classrooms).
Install zyre txz package:
# pkg install zyre