ptypes - C++ Portable Types Library
||FreeBSD Ports Latest amd64
PTypes is a C++ Portable Types Library. It offers the following features:
* Threads and synchronization objects along with message queues solve
the vital problem of diversity of the threading API's on different
* IP socket classes and utilities provide complete IP-based framework
for both client-side and server-side programming. They can be
combined with PTypes multithreading.
* Dynamic strings, variants, character sets, date/time type and various
kinds of dynamic and associative arrays: Delphi programmers will find
them very similar to the ones in their favorite language.
* Streaming interfaces provide buffered I/O with simple and powerful text
parsing methods. A strictly defined syntax for the given text format
or a formal language can be represented by calls to PTypes token
extraction methods. The unified streaming interface is applicable to
files, named pipes and network sockets.
* Special thread class with enhanced functionality called unit. Units have
their own main() and input/output 'plugs'; they can be connected to each
other within one application to form pipes, like processes in the Unix shell.
* Finally, everything above is portable: all platform-dependent details
are hidden inside.
- DEBUG: off
- DOCS: on
- EXAMPLES: on
- OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS: off
The ptypes port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is
more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be removed in
the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:
More information about port maintainership is available at:
Install ptypes txz package:
# pkg install ptypes