tcc - Tiny C Compiler
||FreeBSD Ports Quarterly i386
Tiny C Compiler is perhaps the smallest ANSI C compiler, by Fabrice Bellard.
- It is small: you can compile and execute C code everywhere, for example
on rescue disks;
- It is fast! TCC generates optimized x86 code. No byte code overhead.
Compile, assemble, and link about 7 times faster than 'gcc -O0';
- Any C dynamic library can be used directly. TCC is heading towards
full ISO C99 compliance. TCC can of course compile itself;
- It is safe! TCC includes optional memory and bound checker. Bound
checked code can be mixed freely with standard code;
- Compile and execute C source directly. No linking or assembly is
necessary. Full C preprocessor included;
- C script supported: just add '#!/bin/env tcc -run' at the first line
of your C source, and execute it directly from the command line.
- DOCS: on
- EXAMPLES: on
The tcc port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is
more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be removed in
the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:
More information about port maintainership is available at:
Install tcc txz package:
# pkg install tcc