pypy3 - Fast, compliant implementation of the Python language
||FreeBSD Ports Quarterly i386
PyPy3 is a fast, compliant alternative implementation of the Python
language (3.5.3). It has several advantages and distinct features:
- Speed: thanks to its Just-in-Time compiler, Python programs often run faster
- Memory usage: large, memory-hungry Python programs might end up taking less
space than they do in CPython.
- Compatibility: PyPy3 is highly compatible with existing python code. It
supports ctypes and can run popular python libraries like
twisted and django.
- Sandboxing: PyPy3 provides the ability to run untrusted code in a fully
- Stackless: PyPy3 can be configured to run in stackless mode, providing
micro-threads for massive concurrency.
- As well as other features.
Categories: python, lang
- PYTHON: on
- PYPY: off
- PYPY_MINMEM: off
Note that some standard Python modules are provided as separate ports
as they require additional dependencies. They are available as:
Note that PyPy does not implement the following module that would
have been provided as a separate port:
Install pypy3 txz package:
# pkg install pypy3