isql-viewer - JDBC 2.x compliant database front end
||FreeBSD Ports Latest amd64
iSQL-Viewer is an open-source JDBC 2.x compliant database front end written
in Java. It implements across multiple platforms features of the JDBC API.
It does everything through a single interface.
iSQL-Viewer works with most database platforms, including PostgreSQL, MySQL,
Oracle, and Informix. iSQL-Viewer provides a variety of tools and features
to carry out common database tasks. It includes:
* Scripting support using JPython and the IBM BSF framework
* A guided query builder for creating simple and complex SQL queries
* Enhanced object viewing for images, HTML, and other binary format files
* A friendly SQL console for executing SQL statements
* Batch processing of SQL files
* Database introspection
* "Bookmarks" to store SQL commands you commonly use
* Import and export to popular file formats such as Microsoft Excel, XML,
HTML and ASCII delimited.
* Enhanced interface support across platforms
iSQL-Viewer is designed to meet the needs of JDBC Driver developers and
database developers who work in single or multi-platform environments.
Categories: databases, java
This port of iSQL-Viewer is configured to automatically detect and use
the installed JDBC drivers for MySQL and PostgreSQL.
You can add additional JDBC drivers (and dependent JAR files) on a per
service basis in the tabbed dialog "Resources" which resides inside the
"Service Manager" dialog.
However, please note that adding JAR files or directories in the preferences
dialog doesn't have the desired effect in this version.
The isql-viewer port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is
more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be removed in
the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:
More information about port maintainership is available at:
Install isql-viewer txz package:
# pkg install isql-viewer